Pre-approved Convergence College Network and partner college individuals may be eligible for up to $1450 in travel reimbursement. Please review the following information prior to making travel arrangements. You are personally responsible for following the guidelines below.
Questions and concerns should be directed to Mark Dempsey at 972.377.1582 or email@example.com.
To be eligible for this level of reimbursement, you must meet the following criteria.
The $1450 in travel reimbursement can cover following three categories. Please click the link for detailed information about allowable expenses in each category. All are listed on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form. No exceptions will be made to exceed this $1450 per-person cap.
|Travel Category||What you Submit|
|Airfare||Receipt with passenger name, total amount paid,
form of payment, and itinerary
|Lodging||Itemized paid invoice showing payee, method of
payment, and zero balance
|Meals (for any not provided by the event)||Completed Excel “Per Diem Worksheet”|
Expenses Not Covered
The following expenses are NOT reimbursable. Please see detailed travel categories below for more information.
* Car mileage (unless you're driving instead of flying and have been approved by June 19)
* Car rentals
* Shuttle/taxi services - both in your home and in the local Dallas/Frisco area
* Parking - both in your home city and in Dallas/Frisco
* Airline baggage check fees
* Toll fees and gasoline purchases
* Travel agent fees/commissions or flight/travel insurance (includes fees charged by online travel sites)
* Airline upgrades and extra fees
* Hotel room upgrades, valet parking, and personal expenses
* Tips and gratuities
Please note also that Collin College will not reimburse for airline and hotel bundles purchased through online travel sites (e.g. Travelocity Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, etc.) if an itemized airfare or hotel receipt cannot be obtained by the traveler. Many of these sites charge one rate for both airfare and hotel and often the hotel cannot provide the sort of itemized paid invoice that Collin requires for reimbursement. In general, Collin College urges you to avoid these on-line travel websites even if you're not buying a bundled package. If the travel website or the vendor (hotel, airline) cannot provide you an itemized receipt of payment, your expenses will not be reimbursed.
Driving Instead of Flying
Pre-approval is required from the National Convergence Technology Center (CTC) if you plan to drive instead of fly. If you do not get this approved in advance by Friday, June 19, 2015 these expenses will not be reimbursed. No exceptions.
* The National CTC will reimburse on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Your travel reimbursement eligibility will be confirmed via e-mail within 48 hours of your registration for the event.
* Reimbursement requests will not be processed until after the event ends and after you have provided all required paperwork and original receipts as described above.
* That paperwork is due no later than Friday, August 21, 2015. If you are not able to provide all required documentation by this date you waive your right to reimbursement
* The National CTC follows Collin College’s policy on travel reimbursements. All decisions of the Collin College Business Office regarding travel reimbursements will be final.
* All reimbursement submissions are subject to review and approval and may not be guaranteed.
* An important rule of thumb: always select the mode of travel that provides the lowest total cost to Collin College. To do otherwise risks the denial of your reimbursement request.
Request for Travel Reimbursement form
Per Diem Worksheet - Excel Spreadsheet
Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
Travel Guidelines Handout (hard copy version of this webpage)
* Complete and sign the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form – a paper copy with an ink signature is required. (Please note that at the top, “Travel START Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Travel END Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Complete the Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet. (Please note that at the top, “Time Left” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Time Returned” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Provide original receipts and invoices – no copies, no faxes. Please tape all receipts to 8 ½ x 11 paper. DO NOT use staples. These will be attached to the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
Completed travel reimbursement forms along with backup documentation is due by Friday, August 21, 2015 to:
National Convergence Technology Center
attn Mark Dempsey
9700 Wade Blvd. #J130
Frisco, TX 75035
All questions regarding CCN “Level 1” participant travel should be directed to: Mark Dempsey 972.377.1582
Reimbursable Expenditure Details
You must submit a receipt with passenger name, total amount paid, form of payment, and itinerary. A “confirmation” or “reservation” email is not enough.
The National CTC will pay for a basic coach seat and one checked bag each direction. A 21-day advance purchase is required for all airline tickets. Specifically, if you buy a ticket after Monday, June 22, 2015, you will only be reimbursed for the amount the ticket would have been had it been purchased June 22. For instance, if you buy a ticket on June 23 for $200 and Collin College determines that the ticket would have cost $175 on June 22, you will only be reimbursed the $175.
Flight insurance, seat upgrades, early check-in or early boarding, preferred seating (unless there is proof no other seating category is available), or extra-leg room (unless a medical necessity as described by a doctor), and similar fees will not be reimbursed.
If you’re forced to buy a more expensive seat because there was no other seats available on your flight, to be reimbursed for that extra cost, please submit a screen shot or printout proving that no other seats were available to you at the time of purchase.
Again, if you want to drive rather than fly to a destination, you must be pre-approved by the National CTC by Friday, June 19, 2015. You will only be reimbursed for the less expensive mode of travel.
You must submit an itemized paid invoice showing payee, check-in/check-out times, method of payment, and zero balance. A “confirmation” or “reservation” email is not enough.
It is up to the individual to book a hotel room.
Collin College will not reimburse a room costing more than $140/night including taxes.
Valet parking, room upgrades, movies, alcohol, or any other similar personal expenses will not be reimbursed.
Texas educators are encouraged to complete and submit the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate to their hotel to be exempt from state taxes. Collin College will not reimburse state occupancy taxes for Texas educators.
You must submit a completed Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet.
Meals are reimbursed on a per diem basis and do not require receipts.
For this event, the rates are set at $10 for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $21 for dinner.
Per diem for meals will be paid based on Collin College’s standard workday of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
* Breakfast will be reimbursed if you leave home for the trip prior to 7:00am or return home after 1:00pm.
* Lunch will be reimbursed if you are away from home anytime between 11:00am and 1:00pm.
* Dinner will be reimbursed if you leave home for the trip before 5:00pm or return home after 6:00pm.
You are not eligible for per diem reimbursement for any meals provided as a part of the National CTC event you’re attending. If you elect not to eat these event-provided meals, you will not be reimbursed for your meal expense unless you provide documentation that shows you were not medically allowed to eat the food provided at the event.
If your hospital provides a complimentary “hot breakfast” in the morning, you cannot request a breakfast per diem. Continental breakfasts of fruits and breads do not count as a “hot breakfast.”
Driving Vs. Flying
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved by Friday, June 19, 2015. Should you choose to drive rather than fly, you will only be eligible for reimbursement of the less expensive mode of travel: either mileage from your home to the Dallas/Frisco hotel or the cost of a round-trip airline ticket purchased on Monday, June 22.
|Reimbursements if you fly||Reimbursements if you drive|
|No mileage||The cheaper of: airfare purchased Mon June 22 vs mileage round-trip home to Dallas/Frisco hotel|
|Airfare||The cheaper of: airfare purchased Mon June 22 vs mileage round-trip home to Dallas/Frisco hotel|
|Per Diem (for meals not provided at event)||Per diem (for meals not provided at event)|
For those who drive instead of fly, the National CTC is no longer reimbursing comparable “flying charges” like home airport parking, home-to-home-airport mileage, or airline baggage fees. The chart above lists the only reimbursements we provide those who choose to drive rather than fly.
To request reimbursement for mileage, you must submit a print-out of your route documenting miles traveled, using Google Maps. Please also note the following:
1. The allowable mileage between two points is the shortest route between those two points. Mileage is currently reimbursed at 57.5c/mile and paid to the driver only.
2. You will only be reimbursed the cost of the less expensive mode of travel. For instance, if it costs $150 to fly round trip to North Texas, and $250 for mileage, you would only be reimbursed the $150.
3. Toll fees will not be reimbursed. Gasoline purchases will not be reimbursed.
4. Local mileage, including mileage between Collin College's Preston Ridge campus (PRC) and your Dallas/Frisco hotel, will not be reimbursed.